Step 6 Discipline (Consequences)
Press the Pause Button
Such a simple action and so powerful.
Your day might start great and then, all of the sudden, your kids start going nuts. Chaos reigns and you have no idea how things got so crazy so quickly.
You want everyone to calm down and so you try to stay calm. You try to be in charge. But your kids won't listen.
So the only thing you know to do is to yell.
Then your kids push back. Then you yell more.
And then they get even louder and before you know it, everyone is in their room, crying.…
Five Tips to Help Your Children Manage the Excitement of the Holidays Even if they Have ADHD
Santa's coming! And for some moms that means fun, fun, fun!
And for the rest of us, it can mean anxiety over how our children will behave. With the added excitement, loaded to-do lists, more sugar, and less structure Santa's arrival means overstimulation for our kids.
Taking a moment to think of what our kids need during the holidays will pay off. This is Step Three (The Five Needs) in my 6-Step Plan.
The Five Needs are; Survival, Freedom, Love & Belonging, Power, and Fun.
Clearly state ex…
- Step 1 Seasons of Parenting (infants, toddlers, school-age, tween, teen) (7)
- Toddler (1)
- Teen (2)
- Tween (1)
- Step 2 Mission & Vision (goals, legacy, dreams) (5)
- Technology (devices, screentime) (3)
- Step 3 The Five Needs (Responsive Family) (5)
- Angry Child (defiance, emotions, strong-willed child) (2)
- Self Care (2)
- Step 4 Shared Responsibilities (Chores) (2)
- Homework (1)
- Step 5 Family Meetings (Communication) (2)
- Holidays (2)
- Routines and Schedules (mornings, bedtime) (1)
- Step 6 Discipline (Consequences) (2)