Press the Pause Button
Such a simple action and so powerful.
Your day might start great and then, all of the sudden, your kids start going nuts. Chaos reigns and you have no idea how things got so crazy so quickly.
You want everyone to calm down and so you try to stay calm. You try to be in charge. But your kids won't listen.
So the only thing you know to do is to yell.
Then your kids push back. Then you yell more.
And then they get even louder and before you know it, everyone is in their room, crying.
So I made something for you to help.
A pause button.
We all need one from time to time. When things are chaotic often what we really need to do is to press a pause button.
So click on the button above to download a pause button to hang on your fridge.
The next time you're asked to make a decision you're not ready to make, you can say:
I'll have to get back to you on that.
If your kids persist, then respond with my 3 Magic Words,
Asked and answered.
Say it with confidence (never with snark or sarcasm) and then walk away.
Hit reply and let me know how this works for you!
- Step 1 Seasons of Parenting (infants, toddlers, school-age, tween, teen) (7)
- Toddler (1)
- Teen (2)
- Tween (1)
- Step 2 Mission & Vision (goals, legacy, dreams) (5)
- Technology (devices, screentime) (3)
- Step 3 The Five Needs (Responsive Family) (5)
- Angry Child (defiance, emotions, strong-willed child) (2)
- Self Care (2)
- Step 4 Shared Responsibilities (Chores) (2)
- Homework (1)
- Step 5 Family Meetings (Communication) (2)
- Holidays (2)
- Routines and Schedules (mornings, bedtime) (1)
- Step 6 Discipline (Consequences) (2)