Step 4 Shared Responsibilities (Chores)
Five Tips to Help Your Children Manage the Excitement of the Holidays Even if they Have ADHD
Santa's coming! And for some moms that means fun, fun, fun!
And for the rest of us, it can mean anxiety over how our children will behave. With the added excitement, loaded to-do lists, more sugar, and less structure Santa's arrival means overstimulation for our kids.
Taking a moment to think of what our kids need during the holidays will pay off. This is Step Three (The Five Needs) in my 6-Step Plan.
The Five Needs are; Survival, Freedom, Love & Belonging, Power, and Fun.
Clearly state ex…
10 Resolutions To Tame Angry, Defiant Children
- Do you wonder why your child is so angry?
- Do you avoid saying "no" because you don't want the melt-down?
- Do you end up yelling because you didn't say "no" and then feeling guilty about it?
Happy New Year! Okay, okay, it's February but by now our resolutions are all but forgotten, right?
Here are 10 *new* resolutions for you to use to help you avoid having angry and disrespectful children all in the spirit of "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
The following res…
- Step 1 Seasons of Parenting (infants, toddlers, school-age, tween, teen) (7)
- Toddler (1)
- Teen (2)
- Tween (1)
- Step 2 Mission & Vision (goals, legacy, dreams) (5)
- Technology (devices, screentime) (3)
- Step 3 The Five Needs (Responsive Family) (5)
- Angry Child (defiance, emotions, strong-willed child) (2)
- Self Care (2)
- Step 4 Shared Responsibilities (Chores) (2)
- Homework (1)
- Step 5 Family Meetings (Communication) (2)
- Holidays (2)
- Routines and Schedules (mornings, bedtime) (1)
- Step 6 Discipline (Consequences) (2)